Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

What is an Illusion?

No not a mirage, but a 10ft boat which is a clone of Elusion the 9ft boat that Matt Layden built for the Ultimate Florida Challenge - a circumnavigation of Florida

http://www.watertribe.com/



Matt is the talented designer behind Paradox and the chine runner concept. He has designed and built a mini-Paradox only 9ft long and sailed it around the coast of Florida. Also with wheels she was pushed many miles across land (portage) in the Ultimate Florida Challenge.


I was so impressed by Little Jim, a Paradox built by Al. When I sat in her I immediately liked the aircraft cockpit concept and seaworthiness, but decided a Paradox was too big and heavy for me. When Elusion appeared at just over half the size of a Paradox I decided to build a clone.

No comments:

Post a Comment